Tuesday, January 11, 2005

 

A nice chunk of change

It is often said that a penny saved is a penny earned.

At the moment, my finances are a little ropey, given that I've just been to Canada, but payday is this Friday (coincidentally, Thursday is the last day of my working week.)

Without too much in the way of brass, I decided this morning it was time to tap my last financial resource, in order to ensure that I'd be able to enjoy a few well-earned beverages on Thursday evening. I scooped the contents of my 14-month-old penny jar into a carrier bag and went down to UFJ to make a deposit. According to the telling machine this left me 6,480 yen richer.

For those of you unfamiliar with Japanese currency, let me tell you that I can get over a fair bit of beer out of that.

Roll on Thursday!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares