Saturday, January 22, 2005

 

Something to believe in

When I saw you for the first time,
eyes the colour of the ocean,
something moved inside of me,
Long forgotten lying broken.

Now I can't turn away,
watching you as you lay sleeping.
Can you hear winds of change?
Is this something to believe in?

I lost direction in the darkness;
couldn't stop myself from running.
I could feel the sun on my back,
but I was afraid to let the light in.

Now I can't run anymore;
now I see this gift you bring me.
Can you hear winds of change?
Maybe this loser's luck is turning.

I will carry you in my heart.
I will hold you in my memory.
You could be a million miles away,
but when I call
you will hear me.

I'll make this as simple as possible: if you do not own The Bangles' Everything album then you are living in sin. I'm particularly worried about this as, out of the entire potential readership of this site, I can only think of one person who may have a copy. And that's because I gave it to him.

Yes, Eternal Flame is on this album too. Go on- I bet it's on sale in HMV until the end of the month.

Anyone..?

Comments:
just come on out of that closet, bone-smuggler.--the vending machine man
 
I am a proud owner of that album. I got for christmas along with a copy of "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel.

Billy has since ben lost but the Bangles live on in my tape collection. Bearing in mind my tape collection is about 50 recorded tapes given to me by one William Shipton, it's not surprising that the Bangles is my A1 tip top favourite tape.

Thanks for listening

Lewis.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares