Monday, February 07, 2005

 

Cultural exchange

I received a little bundle of love in the post today, in the form of my long-awaited result from December's Japanese Language Proficiency Test.

Let's take a look at the damage, shall we...




Writing / Vocabulary76 / 100
Listening36 / 100oops...
Reading / Grammar121 / 200
Total mark:233 / 400
Result:FAILED


According to my maths (which I sincerely hope is better than my Japanese) I missed the pass mark of 60% by less than 2%, but I can't say I'm too bothered. If I had passed, all it would have proved is that I'm a lucky bounder; I don't think it would have been a good reflection of my current ability.

The good news is that I now have ten months to revise for my resit, unless of course I decide to raise the bar and go for the level two instead.

Some more good news: last night at football, I managed to kick two Peruvians simutaneously. Two! This beats my previous record for kicking Peruvians by one. In case anyone happens to be wondering why I take so much delight in kicking Peruvians, it's because I was once in the gents toilet at a well-known London station when I noticed a Bear in a duffle coat giving me an extra hard stare. Creepy.

Comments:
lesson to be learned: open your fucking ears, jackass.
--vmm
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares