Saturday, May 19, 2007

 

Oopsy

I am at the school's front desk, chatting to two students who have just had the pleasure of one of my less well-planned classes. She says, by the way, she has a question, what can we say about victims of nuclear bombs. Hibakusha? Yes.

Well, I suppose we could say A-bomb survivor, I tell her. A-bomb survivor? she asks. That's right, I say. A bomb survivor? he chimes in. At this point, I realise that the words "A-bomb survivor" are getting used a bit much, but my erstwhile scholars seem to be unaware of this. They leave the school, repeating the words "A-bomb survivor" out loud over and over again so they won't forget.

I realise that I am standing with my mouth open. I look round to see if anyone was videoing this exchange. You can never be too careful.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares