Friday, May 25, 2007

 

Yarikaeshi II

I read somewhere of an experiment where a scientist, using a microscope and other expensive equipment, had cut the synapse (?) in a fly's head which told it when it had had enough to eat. Unaware that its stomach was already full, the fly in question continued to gorge itself until it burst.

This experiment seemed to me to explain a lot more about humans than it did about flies.

During my flight from Osaka to Heathrow via Bangkok in 2005, I wrote a short story about a scientist who had designed a machine for inflicting punishment beatings on mosquitoes. Adam told me something the other night which was just as good: apparently, if you tense the body part where the mosquito is feeding, the mosquito becomes unable to disengage and will continue to suck blood until it goes pop.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares