Tuesday, October 21, 2008

 

El Tel

One major plus in my quest to avoid a big Japan hangover is being able to meet up with friends I made in Osaka back in the homeland: I've been in constant touch with Sam from Hirakata, who now works for a recruitment agency in London. Show me the money!

Better still, Real Osaka's very own Leon Townsend-Cartwright is living about two minutes walk from my front door (40 seconds if I go out the back.) He's even met my mum:

"He seemed like a nice lad. What was his name again..? Giles..?"

I give her a piece of my mind for always forgetting people's names, then tell her, once and for all, that his name is Terry.

***


The very next time Leon comes round the house

LEON: Alright Joe, how's it going?

JOE: Alright Tel.

And Tel he has since remained.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares