Sunday, November 30, 2008

 

Accessibility issues

The mum was good enough to entrust the design of her new website to me, so I rolled up my sleeves and got cracking. The fruits of my labour are on display at http://www.sallymckeown.co.uk, all coded by hand, I might add: no fruity Dreamweaver for me.

One of the mum's big things is accessibility: as an authority on special needs, the website has to reflect this. One important area was including alternative tags for all of the pictures, for the sake of blind and partially-sighted people accessing the site through a screen reader.

Joe's suggestion: Go f--- yourself, you blind b*st*rds.

I left that one on the cutting room floor.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares