Thursday, February 18, 2010

 

The human rights half marathon hat-trick

Following all the fun of doing the Coventry half marathon last October, I've lined up a bit of a mission for the spring: THREE half marathons, in aid of Amnesty International.

The first is going to be at the Silverstone race circuit on March 14th. This I will be running with a mate, Nick Grounds from my journalism course.

Amnesty have very kindly provided us with a pair of ghastly pink running vests which will make us look like a pair of Brighton beach lifeguards during pride week.

The second leg is on April 25th in Sheffield. Rather dauntingly, the event's web site provides a gradient map of the course, making me think miles 4-8 are going to be a bit of a slog.

The final leg is in Coventry on May 23rd, when I fully expect glorious sunshine and extremely thirsty work.

So there it is. Here's my sponsorship page, in case anyone feels like throwing a few pennies at my plodding coverage of 40-odd miles.

Given how torrid the second half of the Coventry event in October was, I'm going to try to do a little more training than "don't get pissed the night before."

Thus far, I have completed my first training objective: purchase a copy of Runner's World.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares