Tuesday, January 17, 2012

 

You broke it, you bought it

Brrrrrtt...

Click

DAN: Hi Joe.

JOE: Hi Dan, how's it going?

DAN: Good, except I can't find any bloody coffee in this shop.

JOE: Which shop are you in?

DAN: The pound shop.

JOE: Ah. Of course, all the stuff in there comes from other shops which have gone into liquidation. So when you're shopping there, what you're buying is other people's broken dreams.

If he has a point, I don't see it. And I'm becoming increasingly desperate for coffee

DAN: And?

JOE: And coffee happens to be one broken dream that flies off the shelves pretty quickly.

***


Happily, one broken dream that hadn't flown off the shelf was the DVD of Merlin (1998), with Sam Neill, Miranda Richardson, Helena Bonham Carter, Rutger Hauer et al.



Whenever I see such an impressive cast list, I'm reminded of Island of Fire, a poor Taiwanese film which featured most of the hottest actors of the time, as they owed the producer a favour for getting them out of trouble with the Triads.

After sitting through all three hours of the DVD yestereve, I felt that I'd pretty much got what I'd paid for.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares